A kiss on the lips may be quite sentimental…
but chocolate is a girl’s best friend.
On Valentine’s Day, plain and simple… chocolate reigns supreme. This makes it the perfect time to make fancy chocolate decorations and confections. For example, elegant chocolate dessert cups for a lovely after dinner treat filled with chocolate mousse , a romantic mini cake for two with a festive chocolate bow, a handmade chocolate box stuffed with truffles, or some luscious chocolate dipped fruit, perhaps a pot of chocolate fondue as a sexy side dish. The ideas are limited only by your imagination…
Here are some festive ideas to ignite your chocolate decorating skills to impress the ones you love. Or even better, make for yourself and you don’t have to share. After all, you love yourself too don’t you?
- Chocolate box filed with goodies
- Hearts on Fire Chocolates: molds available at Mexican Sugar Skull.com
- Chocolate dipped fruit
- Chocolate Roses – see “How to Make Chocolate Roses” on my modeling chocolate post
- Chocolate Truffles
- Chocolate bars or Bark (use freeze dried strawberries for color, and drizzle with red and white cocoa butter!). See my holiday post for how-to make.
- Heart Confections with magnetic molds and chocolate transfer sheets
- Mini cake with Valentine’s Day Transfer Sheets
- Hearts chocolate Oreos: molds Available at Fancy Flours.com
How-to enhance chocolate with color
- Splatter with red/pink/white cocoa butter
- Tint white chocolate pink or red
- Add color and design with a Valentine’s Day themed chocolate transfer sheet
- Embellish with luster dust
- For details on tinting, see my previous post: ” How to add color to chocolate”.
Many sugar hugs and chocolate kisses to you on Valentine’s Day 🙂
Until next time,
Peace, Love, Chocolate,
The Chocolate Addict.com
NOTE: please understand that I am an academically challenged right-brainer, and forgive any typos, grammatical faux pas, and things that don’t make sense.